Pages

Monday 3 December 2012

Phone cases

I have been given some lovely fabric by friends who visited Africa recently.  The fabric they brought would have cost at least four times the price here, and it is lovely to have fabrics reflecting the charity I am supporting with my creations.  So I wanted to use the fabric as a feature rather than "just" as a lining.  They are not huge pieces - fat quarter size or less.  Here are my first set of creations using some of the fabrics.
These simple phone cases have a pocket at the front with a false binding - made by cutting the lining longer than the main fabric and pressing in place.  I was low on these and several people at recent sales have been interested, so it was time to replace them.  From the top and working in rows, cases 2, 4, 6, 7 and 8 all use African fabrics.

I'm sharing this post at these link parties:

The Girl Creative
A Round TuitSew Can DoThe Girl Creative
Sew Happy Geek
Sew ChattyMondays @ All Things Fee!
Manic MondaySew ChattyCalling all Crafters
Ninth Street Notions
Inspire me MondayCraftomaniac MondayI MAde it Monday
Etcetorise

1 comment:

  1. Those African fabrics do look beautiful!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete