Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Embroidered tote bags

The wonderful embroidery machine which I have been lent has been turning out embroidered panels for me, and I have been busy making them into a variety of bag styles.  This first version is a long handled tote bag with a squared off base.  I cut the panels to 7 1/2" square, and used 4" squares for the rest of the side.
 The message on this first bag is, "My dog's not spoiled.  I'm just well trained."

On the back I patched entirely in 4" squares, but also included a couple of patches made from pockets.  These are both attractive and practical - a useful place to slip in a shopping list or bus ticket, perhaps.

I'll be sharing this post at these link parties:

Better Off Thread
Sew Cute TuesdayToo Cute TuesdayTake a look Tuesday
Creative Sewing Blog

You flew TuesdaysNifty Thrifty TuesdayLadybug Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment