Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

This Summer's Events: Kempston Fun Day

Two years ago I went to this event for the first time.  It remains my record takings ever!

Although this year I did not take as much money, I still had a great day and some fabulous conversations with a wide range of people. 
 Run by Bedford Lions and Rotary Club, this was again a well-attended fair.  The sun shone (we deserved it, after last year's event was rained off!) and the crowds were out.  Generous space was allocated and there seemed to be a great range of stalls.  The volunteer organisers always seem to encourage voluntary groups and charities to attend and this time I was adjacent to a fire service which worked with airstrips, and a conservatioun group.
 A long but pleasing day, and another event which I hope will be a regular feature on my calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment