Pages

Sunday 1 March 2015

Cargo bags

I have had a selection of jeans and cargo pants in my garage which I was unable to work out how to use for some considerable time.  With pockets down the legs, they did not lend themselves to cutting into strips of patches.  I had an idea that they could make a complete bag each, but could not figure out how to do it.  This week the answer came to me.  I spent a day cutting and sewing and finished off six bags really quickly - once I had it figured out, it was really easy.  I am so pleased with the results, particularly with the jeans.  (The cargo pants are much lighter weight and consequently so is the bag, and it does not hold its shape as well.)
This version ties as favourite.  It is a heavy grey denim and has a total of six external pockets, three of them with fastenings.  Fabulous!

Shared at I Heart Nap Time Link Party Palooza

No comments:

Post a Comment